Wednesday, January 20, 2010

GAGALICIOUS: DARE TO EXPLORE


People constantly ponder over my obsession with the infamous Lady Gaga, or rather as she likes to be called, GAGA. They question my sanity over the Gaga phenomenon and don't quite understand why I have developed a very strong attachment to my idol, the Fame Monster.

I can see the reason for their concern....
Why am I so enthralled with this iconic individual? And is there is a fine line between me wanting to emulate her and me becoming her?

The truth is, do not fear for no one can come close to Gaga. She is notorious and her individuality can not be copied even by the most extreme fan. But who would want to compete with her? We, her little monsters, can only be so lucky as to emulate her...follow in her foot steps...

I haven't lost my identity in Gaga, but my identity and uniqueness has only been reinforced by Gaga's presence in my life.

For years now, my fashion has taken on extreme forms. I cannot be for certain how it developed but it has, in fact, been inside me all along.

Walking down the street in my fashion takes much courage. It's amazing how some one so insecure as myself could have the strength and confidence to go outside of the box, to break the molds and change the norms.

I live to be extraordinary...in what ever form that is.

So this Blog finally begins with the my entrance into the Haus of Gaga and I walk in alone.

The real reason I didn't invite anyone to the concert with me is because I believe they will consume her as entertainment....while this experience for me will truly be an exorcism. She takes me to unimaginable heights where I'm free to be myself and that is not gaga or baby gaga or a little monster...it really is just Evy at her best. Gaga makes me a better Evy...a more confident and comfortable Evy that finally feels in her element...

No comments:

Post a Comment